Friday, November 6, 2015

Poem: Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep by Mary Elizabeth Frye


In 2002, my friend and teacher, Rachelle Benveniste, who passed away recently, sent me this poem to comfort me after my mother died. I am sharing it with my readers. ~ Cecilia


Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep
by Mary Elizabeth Frye

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there.  I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you wake in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there.  I did not die.


(poem courtesy of Rachelle Benveniste)

















Read also
Rachelle Benveniste's Poem "The Moth"
      Tags: writing, writers, authors, literature, Rachelle Benveniste, poet, writer, writing teacher
      This is all for now,
       Cecilia

No comments: