Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Guest Blogger: Celine Conejos Reviews Restuarants in Brussels, Belgium



Our Guest Blogger is Celine Conejos, a Philippine Diplomat's wife, who is a permanent resident of Makati, although she currently lives in Geneva, Switzerland. She reviews hotel, restaurant, and attraction sites in TripAdvisor under the name of Coellum. She says this of herself:

"My father was very fond of traveling. He passed on his wanderlust to me. I enjoy traveling and planning for my trips. People close to me benefit from this. My children have many good memories of happy vacations together. At present, I live in Geneva temporarily. Being in the heart of Europe gives me many opportunities to see new places."

The following reviews of some restaurants in Brussels, Belgium, first appeared in TripAdvisor and are reprinted with Celine Conejos' permission. I look forward to posting more of her reviews about other places in my blog. Thanks to Celine Conejos for sharing her reviews.



Aux Armes de Bruxelles - 4 Stars
13 Rue des Bouchers
"Delicious Food in the Heart of Town"

We ordered the formula which included a starter, main course and dessert. The servings were so hearty that we couldn't finish our dessert of chocolate fondant. The fish soup was delicious. My husband enjoyed his moules while the charcuterie that I had was also delicious. It was a lot of food though. I wished that we had just ordered individual dishes from the rest of the menu. It was a good meal. For all that food, the cost was about 80 Euros for 2 persons. I would go back there if I were to return to Brussels.
~~~

A La Mort Subite - 4 Stars
Waarmoesbert 7rue Montagne aus Herbes Potageres 7
"Atmosphere and Belgian Beer"

I was intrigued by the name which means At Sudden Death. The explanation is that in the early days of this drinking spot, guests would play a game. The loser was called Sudden Death. Today, there are no people playing the long forgotten name. But there are lots of customers, tourists and locals alike. Our server kindly helped us to make our choice of beers. We enjoyed the atmosphere of this place which opened in 1928. They make their own brew. I noticed that this was also sold elsewhere. There is a good selection of beers here, both Belgian and from other countries. But of course we chose Belgian.

~~~
Chez Leon - 3 Stars
18 rue des Bouchers
"Overhyped"

This is very famous. So much so that it has branches in Paris. However, I was not impressed with the moules. I have had better elsewhere. It is very popular though, because of its name. When restaurants expand, quality becomes irregular. There are many more interesting places nearby.
~~~
Le Perroquet - 4 Stars
Rue de Watteeeu, 31
"Popular Cafe"

This has reasonably priced food. We had a vegetarian lasagna and a delicious salad with chicken. The interiors appeared genuinely old to me, with wood panels and chipped marble tables. Very Old World feel. We enjoyed the atmosphere so much that we had coffee , lemon tart and ice cream. These were all good. The coffees were topped with a thick layer of whipped cream. Nice end to our meal. As we left, there was a long line of people waiting to get a table.

~~
Read also

Tags: Restaurants, reviews, food, travel, gourmet, Belgiun, Brussels, Europe
This is all for now,

No comments: