Wednesday, September 24, 2014

San Miguel Allende, Mexico: Ceramic Art by Jessica Vazquez Castro





We like to visit San Miguel Allende in Mexico and during our last visit we discovered a young ceramic artist, Jessica Vazquez Castro.  She must be all of 24-years old and she works in her husband's family-owned tile shop/factory. I'm sorry I've forgotten the name of their shop, but it's one of the largest in San Miguel. The store has fine ceramic items.





We commissioned Jessica to make a ceramic tile copy of Cafe Terrace at Night, a favorite Van Gogh image. I also bought an original "Church" scene by Jessica and a statue of Mary.



This is about another topic: regarding my "serious" work, I finished the draft of my third novel.  Now the rewriting begins. I have no idea how long the rewriting will take. Creative writing is very mysterious and does not know time.

Read also

Tags: Mexico, San Miguel de Allende, Spanish Colonial, art, artist, Jessica Vazquez Castro, ceramic, tile

This is all for now,

No comments: