Thursday, July 4, 2013

More Makati Pictures, by Cecilia Manguerra Brainard

It occurred to me that some people don't understand that Makati is a city that is part of Metro Manila. The name, Makati, means "place full of tides" or ebbing tide."  Here are two links about Makati, Link 1, and Link 2.

I took a few more Makati pictures.

The top one is a picture of Ayala Avenue and in the background is the sculpture depicting President Ninoy Aquino's assassination in 1981 at the Manila International Airport. 


 This security guard has a serious assault weapon. I asked permission to take his picture, and like the guards the other day, he also posed for me.




Inside the Glorietta Mall annex
 My friend Guia Lim and I had dim sum in the Shangrila Hotel and we had a great time catching up.

~~
 Read also Blog Report #1 from Manila, by Cecilia Manguerra Brainard

And read Blog Report #2 from Manila, by Cecilia Manguerra Brainard

Read also
The Bachelors and Femina Days of Cebu - Memorabilia photos
Old Photographs and Memories 
The Schools I attended, Part 1, St.Theresa's College
The Schools I attended, Part 2, UP & Maryknoll
The Schools I attended, Part 3, UCLA

Saying Goodbye to Papa
Where the Daydreaming Came From 
Death of a Carnival Queen

~~
tags: travel, Makati, Manila, Cecilia Brainard, Guia Lim




No comments: