Monday, July 1, 2013

Blog Report #1 from Manila


Manila, I was told late last night, was dry. No rain. The storm had passed it over. And indeed this morning as our plane flew over Manila the city looked bright and clear.



I got in without any problems. I had to wake up at 5:15 a.m. to catch the 8:45 PAL (Philippine Airlines) flight; flying time about an hour; and it seemed I had just settled in when we started our descent for landing. Picked up my luggage, caught a yellow taxi, and in no time I was in Makati. Unpacked, rested, and did my work.

Then the rain came in a strong gush, reminding all that the storm is not totally gone as of yet.

So folks, here I am in Makati, and I'm sharing pictures of the place I'm staying in, which is near Dusit Hotel.  The picture of Dusit and Makati came from the internet.  I would have taken pictures because it's interesting to capture images out there, but it was raining hard earlier.


The rain has stopped but I'm in for the evening. And it's a good thing because I have some reading and preparations to make for a Writers' Retreat this weekend.  Just so the writers drool, there is an intimate group of four, going to Sonya's Garden for the weekend; dinner at Antonio's also planned even as we write and workshop our novels in progress. Oh, joy!

I'm providing the link to Sonya's Garden in Tagaytay because it's one of my favorite places for lunch or for an overnight.  

And here's the link to elegant Antonio's in Tagaytay as well.

Until next time, this is Cecilia writing from Makati.


 Read also Blog Report #2 from Manila

Read also
The Bachelors and Femina Days of Cebu - Memorabilia photos
Old Photographs and Memories 
The Schools I attended, Part 1, St.Theresa's College
The Schools I attended, Part 2, UP & Maryknoll
The Schools I attended, Part 3, UCLA

Saying Goodbye to Papa
Where the Daydreaming Came From 
Death of a Carnival Queen




tags: Manila, Makati, Cecilia Brainard, Antonio's, Sonya's Garden,Tagaytay, writers

No comments: