Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Archbishop Jose Ma. Cuenco and Spain's Generalissimo Franco

 THE ARCHBISHOP AND THE DICTATOR-GENERAL

I found this old picture of my grand-uncle, Archbishop Jose Ma. Cuenco of Jaro, Iloilo with General Francisco Franco of Spain. Jose Ma. Cuenco was the older brother of my maternal grandfather, Senator Mariano Cuenco. I'm guessing this black and white photo was taken in the 1960s but it could have been in the 1950s as well.  They both had age then.



Here's a link with more information about Franco http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francisco_Franco

Read also
The Bachelors and Femina Days of Cebu - Memorabilia photos
Old Photographs and Memories 
The Schools I attended, Part 1, St.Theresa's College
The Schools I attended, Part 2, UP & Maryknoll
The Schools I attended, Part 3, UCLA

Saying Goodbye to Papa
Where the Daydreaming Came From 
Death of a Carnival Queen

All for now,
Cecilia Brainard
 ~~~
tags: history, Spain, Philippines, Francisco Franco

No comments: