Friday, January 8, 2016

Health: Chartreuse Elixir Vegetal in my Morning Smoothie


I've added something new to my morning smoothies.

My usual ingredients have been: banana, apple, orange, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, ginger (just a bit), and tomatoes. The nuts are: almond, pistachios, and walnuts. There can be variations, depending on what I have available. My goal is to include as many different fruits, nuts, and even vegetables in the smoothie.  I also add flax seeds, powdered Brewer's Yeast, and powdered Moringa.  I add water and blend.  


I started adding Chartreuse's Elixir Vegetal to my smoothie. Since the Elixir Vegetal is 140 proof, I use an eye dropper and pop in approximately a teaspoon of the Elixir to my concoction, which makes 2 -3 glasses.  (The alcohol is diluted.)

The Elixir Vegetal has medicinal qualities, being a product of 130 herbs, flowers, and other secret ingredients in a wine alcohol base.  In other words, my morning smoothie includes the Elixir's 130 herbs and plants in addition to what I add. The smoothie, by the way, is very delicious.




I've been looking at the healing properties of herbs and plants, which can address issues of blood pressure, cholesterol, inflammation, even skin, hair, and nails. It's remarkable what nature has available to help us. We just have to pay attention.

Here are some sites about herbs and their medicinal qualities. There are many more in the internet.

MMS Gardens
A-Z Medicinal Herb Chart
Herbs List

Elixir Vegetal is not easy to find in the US, but there are sites that sell them. And, I did find the Elixir in a Philippine wine shop a couple of years ago.

Stay healthy and happy this 2016!

Read also
Another Treasure from France - Elixir Vegetal de la Grande Chartreuse
Health: Cecilia's Good Morning Smoothie Recipe
Wendy's Famous Kale Salad
The Sugarcane Plantations of the Philippines and Muscovado
The Wonders of Malunggay or Moringa Oleifera
Visualizing Bible Scenes for Physical Healing
How to Lower Blood Pressure: Drink Hibiscus or Gumamela Tea
Herbs as Natural Remedies

Tags: health, smoothie, smoothie receipt. healthy drink, Elixir Vegetal, Chartreuse, tonic, #smoothierecipe

This is all for now,
Cecilia


No comments: