Friday, October 2, 2015

Pictures: Filipino American International Book Festival



l-r: Penelope Flores, Nikki Alfar, Dean Francis Alfar, Veronica Montes, Cecilia Brainard, Lisa Suguitan Melnick, Marie Romero


The Third Filipino American International Book Festival had a reception and program on Friday night, October 2, 2015.  I was delighted to see literary folk I know as shown in these pictures. 

l-r: Veronica Montes, Luis Francia, Cecilia Brainard



San Francisco is particular warm, weather wise. Usually one must wear a coat, especially in the evenings. Tonight, it was probably in the low 60s.  

I learned something about San Francisco and that's not to be intimidated by the parking situation.  The young woman at the hotel suggested it would be easier, quicker and cheaper for me to catch a bus. After waiting for 40 minutes at the bus stop, I gave up and drove to the Civic Center. It took 15 minutes and I found street parking.  There was a huge underground parking structure as well if I had not found street parking.



 l-r: Michael Gonzalez, Cccilia Brainard

 Stay tuned for more updates re the Filam Book Fest!

Read also
     Tags: Philippines, Philippine, Filipino, FilAm, books, authors, writers, literature, Filipino American Book Festival, #Philippines

     This is all for now,
      Cecilia

















Selfie with my companion in the car


No comments: