Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Some Prayers for Peace and Serenity



The Serenity Prayer

God, grant me the Serenity
To accept the things I cannot change
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdow to know the difference.

Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as the pathway to peace.
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it.
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His will.
That I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with Him forever in the nest.

Amen.

Prayer attributed to Reinhold Neibuhr. It has been adopted by Alcoholics Anonymous and other twelve-step programs.

~~




A Prayer to Heal Stress

Heavenly Father, please grant me peace of mind
and calm my troubled heart.
My soul is like a turbulent sea.
I can't seem to find my balance so I stumble and worry constantly.
Give me the strength and purity of mind to find my purpose
and walk the path you've laid out for me.
I trust your Love God, and know that you will heal this stress.
Just as the sun rises each day against the dark night, please bring me clarity with the light of God.

In Your name I pray, Amen.

~~


A Prayer for Peace of Mind

Almighty God, We bless you for our lives, we give you praise for your abundant mercy and grace we receive. We thank you for your faithfulness even though we are not that faithful to you. Lord Jesus, we ask you to give us all around peace in our mind, body, soul and spirit. We want you to heal and remove everything that is causing stress, grief, and sorrow in our lives.
Please guide our path through life and make our enemies be at peace with us. Let your peace reign in our family, at our place of work, businesses and everything we lay our hands on.
Let your angels of peace go ahead of us when we go out and stay by our side when we return. In Jesus' name, Amen.
~~~

Read also
Prayers for Peace in Syria, Iraq, the Middle East

Feastday of Our Lady of Velankani on September 8

Tags: prayers, peace, serenity, calm, healing, religion, God, Catholic, Christian
The photos are all mine.

This is all for now,
Cecilia

No comments: