Wednesday, March 18, 2015

ART: The Painter Vincent Van Gogh and Digoxin Poisoning



"I don't know anything with certainty, but seeing the stars makes me dream." ~ Vincent Van Gogh








The quote is by one of my favorite painters, Vincent Van Gogh, a Dutch painter, who later worked in France.

I have been to Arles and to Saint-Remy, France, where Van Gogh had been. I love Saint-Remy, where we spent several nights and visited the hospital where he was confined in. I saw the room that he painted, shown here.

Here's an interesting anedcote: Some say that Van Gogh saw halos around objects and intense yellows because of Digoxin toxicity. Digoxin comes for Foxglove, which Van Gogh was taking.




Read also
Beautiful Old Houses in the Philippines

Unforgettable Fountains from Around the World

Salvador, Brazil the Center of Bahian Culture

Tags: Vincent Van Gogh, Foxglove, Digoxin, painter, Dutch, #Art
Photos courtesy of Wikipedia and Wikicommons
This is all for now,
Cecilia







No comments: