Saturday, June 14, 2014

Cooking with Cecilia: Grilled Tri-Tip for Father's Day


It's Father's Day this Sunday, June 15!

In my family, I have meat-eaters, non-meat-eaters, and vegetarians, so this Father's Day I'll have tri-tip meat, salmon, and vegetarian dishes.
I already have my tri-tip marinating. 
Here's what I do with the tri-tip. 

I wash the pieces, and then I put them in a big container. I squeeze lemon over them. (Since I only had one lemon, I squeezed an orange as well.) I pour in apple cider vinegar and soy sauce. I throw in crushed garlic, pepper, bay leaves, some chile, some Himalayan Pink Salt, which I find tastier than regular iodized salt.

I let the meat sit in the marinade overnight or even longer to allow the meat to soak in the flavor.

I will grill (or the guys will) for around half an hour. Let the meat rest for a while before cutting into thin slices, against the grain.

I will also make potato salad. I will wash and boil potatoes; I will not peel them, I will cut them up, add cutup hard boiled eggs, relish, salt, pepper, mayonnaise, yogurt (so I can minimize the mayo which is very rich), and some horseradish sauce to give it some oomph.  (My homemade potato salad is very good.)

I also have salmon for the non-meat eaters, fresh corn, and Tres Leches Cake for dessert. 

Sounds good, as I write this.




Enjoy tomorrow, Father's Day!

This is an old picture of me and my Papa.



This is all for now,

No comments: