Thursday, February 6, 2014

Seeing the Musicale "Wicked" in Manila!



What a treat!

My friend, Guia Lim, had an extra ticket and invited me to see the Musicale "Wicked." I'd seen "Wicked" in New York, and for some reason, it was more enjoyable this second time. (The plot is convoluted and perhaps seeing it the second time clarified some plot lines.) The Australian company was great. The performer who played Glinda was particularly good.




The musicale, which has been running since January 22, is quite popular and is extended to March 9.

Another reason I enjoyed the event was that it was the first time I'd seen a production at the CCP (Cultural Center of the Philippines).  Even though the CCP could use a face lift, I felt proud that Manila has a respectable theater that can host a first class production. 

Thank you, Guia!

(Now, I'm thinking that Cebu City really could use a good theater for similar performances.)

Playing tourist, I took some pictures before the show started.




It's past midnight! This is all for now,
Cecilia







No comments: