Sunday, September 18, 2011

THOUGHTS ON DOCUMENTARY ABOUT TIBET, The Sun Behind the Clouds

I saw the documentary The Sun Behind the Clouds (directed by Sarin and Sonam) about Tibet's fight for independence from China and the tension between the Dalai Lama's Middle Road policy and the younger generation's desire for total independence. The documentary is very moving and makes the point that China is a Big Bully. If I'm not mistaken 2 Tibetan monks burned themselves in March and August of this year as a political protest.


For some time now, I check all labels of food, clothing, etc. and if I can help it, I don't buy if made in China. In fact, a friend told me recently that she found apple juice that at first glance indicated it came from Canada, but the fine print indicated it actually came from China; she did not buy it.


Further, the Chinese people better wake up; LA Times featured an article yesterday about how organic food in China is sold exclusively to high Communist Party leaders. Do you recall how China has provided tainted milk, poisonous cat food, and lead-laden toys to the world?

No comments: