Sunday, December 7, 2008

More on Old Cebu - from Louie Nacorda


MORE OLD CEBU DEVELOPMENTS:

I just got this email from Louie Nacorda:

Yes, a lot of cultural movements are happening in Old Cebu, one of which is
the gradual revival of the grand feast of the Immaculate Conception in the
Metropolitan Cathedral, of which I am the Official Chamberlain to Our Lady
(read: Grand Financier for yearly new vestments; fresh flowers for 9 days;
flowers and lighting for all 4 carrozas; band and drum and bugle
arrangement and provisions; order of the procession; banderitas in the
patio; fireworks before during and after the procession; various school
invitations and press releases), officially appointed by the Cardinal since
2001. I am neither complaining nor bragging for I truly enjoy being in Her
Majesty's service. I am just too happy and honored to serve in the
Cathedral and share with Our Lady's devotees the abundance of blessings I
receive yearly from Her Son, Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Ave Maria!

~~~
I believe Louie is also one of those honored to dress and care for the beloved Santo Nino Child Jesus statue of Cebu.

(Photo was taken at last year's Parian fiesta honoring St. John the Baptist. L-R: Guest, Cecilia, Louie, Pepit Revilles, Chinggay Utzurrum)

No comments: